Wednesday, July 13, 2011

A little something for new teachers... and the organizationally challenged

My husband would describe me as "organizationally challenged."  I, however, prefer to think that I am so anal-retentive about my organization that I would rather have a mess than put something away haphazardly.  It also takes a lot of time to keep up my organization system.... why not keep the piles until I have time to organize?  Right?  Can I get an Amen?  At school, though, I tend to be crazy organized.

I am also a crazy list-maker.  At any given time you can probably find 4-5 different to-do lists in my possession, as well as lists of every idea that happens to cross my mind.  Right now those to-do lists are focused on school.  Each year I write my to-do list in an easy check-off form that keeps me organized as I prepare for the year, so I don't lose my 5 lists.  There may be other things to add, but I keep the most important things together. 

I'm posting my list and some others that help keep me organized here today.  Hopefully it can help a new teacher - or give someone else some organization ideas.  If you download it as a .docx file, you can change it to include your own to-do list.  Enjoy!
Yearly Beginning of Year to-Do

New Student to-DO

end of year TO-DO

6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, what a detailed list! From one list maker to another, I'm in awe! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha.. maybe I do have a tendency to go a bit overboard. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not that much of an organized person...SO thank you SO much. I will be using these and telling my co-workers about your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you could use them, Emily. Thanks for sharing my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Popping by to say Hi. You were spotlighted in my Blog Mix Linky Party.

    Yearn to Learn Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness thanks for sharing!! These are great!!

    Just discovered your blog.

    Miss J
    smilescrayonsandendlessstories

    ReplyDelete